Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

25 (1/2) Weeks

It's been a good week in the Yates house. Eric had his first residency interview. Samuel and I ran our first 5K together. I got some shopping done and bought a few new nursery items. And hopefully I will be getting my first load of baby laundry done today!

I know it's still really early, but we are going to go ahead and have maternity pictures done tomorrow. I would really love to wait until the 30-35 week range, but I realized when I was trying to find a time that it might be nearly impossible to coordinate anything with our schedules over the next two months. Not only does Eric have 9 more interviews scheduled (4-5 of which I hope to attend with him), but we have no clue what his work schedule is going to be for the next months since he will be on a rotation with the Emergency Department and can basically work any day/time. Add in baby showers, holidays, my work schedule, church stuff, and trying to get ready for the baby... you can see why I thought it might be better to go ahead and just get them out of the way! Hopefully I look pregnant enough for them to turn out cute! 

In other news, Samuel has been EXTREMELY active the last couple of days. In fact, my stomach is moving all over the place as I type. I'm starting to be able to guess what body parts are hitting me in there... one day it was definitely a foot. Another time I felt 95% sure it was his bum. It makes me more and more ready to actually SEE this little guy! 

Anyway, here's this week's stats and a few pics. Enjoy!



Weight gain: 15 pounds? At Ikea last week Eric and I both weighed ourselves, and I was happy to see that he still weighed 2 1/2 pounds more than me. Not that that will last much longer!

Sleep: Eh. I have had some gnarly heartburn this week, and one night it seriously woke me up at least once an hour. Luckily it seems to be tapering off the last couple of days. Sweet baby has also taken to going CRAZY in the middle of the night - like to the point he actually wakes me up. It's not really a big deal since I go right back to sleep, and I like that I know he's okay in there. Still, it makes for a pretty grouchy momma in the mornings!

Appetite: Pretty normal, except the heartburn made it difficult to eat a few things. Eric was nice and indulged my craving to have FroYo for dinner one night this week. :-) 

Running: Awesome! I ran a 5K this morning! At 6 months pregnant, I knocked it out in 29:05, which I thought was pretty darn good. It was faster than my first 5K time two years ago anyway (though about 5-6 minutes slower than what I was capable of earlier this year!). And after a slow week last week, I got in my 20 miles this week plus a couple of dance classes. I love the sense of accomplishment I feel from meeting running goals. :-) 

Mood: Grouchy in the mornings, but that may just be because I'm not a morning person. LoL. After about 11 am, I'm usually pretty good! I've been a little more tired than normal this week, but that's probably attributed to the lack of sleep, and the fact that I think baby boy is growing more. Just 102 more days though!

What I'm looking forward to: Maternity pictures, holding my sweet baby for the first time in a few months!

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach. Side sleeping stinks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment