Hello, third trimester!!
Samuel is definitely making his presence known these days. He's a crazy little kicker, and we keep watching to see when we will actually see his footprint through my belly... I have a feeling it's going to be soon!
He also loves kicking my bladder, which is NOT so fun. But I love him anyway. :-)
I'm really starting to struggle to find clothes that fit right. Up until now I've been able to get away with a lot of my normal clothes, but fewer and fewer of my shirts are long enough to cover my belly. I might have to buy a few actual maternity shirts soon. Eek!
I went to the doctor Wednesday for a check-up, my glucose test and tDap shot. Luckily all of that was way less painful than I was anticipating, and all of my measurements, vitals etc. were very very normal. The only non-normal thing was that my doctor was dressed up like James Bond... LoL.
(Just for the record: whoever said the orange glucose juice was nasty was either lying or crazy. It tasted just like Sunkist! Seriously, if they would have given me a second bottle, I probably would have had it too. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm a sugar-feign who is going to fail the test... haha.)
On a fun note, my favorite of the MANY kid-conversations I've had about my baby and belly this week went something like this (with a third grader, by the way!!):
"Mrs. Yates, you're going to have a BABY??"
"Yes, that's right."
"Oh, so your belly looks like that because in it is it like an EGG and it's going to HATCH the baby."
"Umm... something like that!"
"When is your egg going to hatch??"
"January. It'll hatch in January."
LoL. Somehow that just seemed easier...
Anyway, here's a few stats for this week. Until next time!
Baby is: The size of a head of lettuce, roughly 2-2 1/2 pounds and approx. 15 inches long.
Weight gain: 17 1/2 pounds. Yikes!
Sleep: Good, except for the occasional leg cramps. There've definitely been a few middle-of-the-night episodes of me jumping around on one leg and making Eric what in the world his crazy wife was doing! (and no, it's not a potassium deficiency. It's just a baby cutting off my circulation).
Appetite: I eat ALL. THE. TIME. Unfortunately, I am getting to the point where I get full a little quicker, so eating 8 times a day is a little more justified. Still, it's a wonder I haven't gained more weight!
Running: Still going! I'm getting winded a little easier, but I'm trying to run-run at least 2-3 days per week and work out on the elliptical or do an aerobics class 2-3 days too.
Mood: Pretty cheery! I think I'll be better after the time change though. :-)
What I'm looking forward to: My first real baby shower next weekend!
What I miss: Hugging Eric... like, without my belly in the way. LoL.

No comments:
Post a Comment