Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

23 Weeks

I haven't been a very good blogger lately, have I? The last few weeks I feel like things have been pretty steady. I look about the same, feel about the same... So far second trimester is as awesome as everyone said it would be! 

Baby boy is kicking a lot (some days more than others). He also seems to be doing what feels like flips every now and then (usually on my bladder - thanks, baby!). I'm really getting curious to see what he does in there!
We've been having fun sitting and watching him move at night, especially when I've had something sugary after dinner. 

It's also really hard not to laugh when I'm trying to have a serious conversation at work or church and he starts going nuts. It's not that the kicks really tickle so much (I guess they do a little), but when your belly is just moving on its own... let's face it, that is grounds for a little giggling!! 

I still can't get over having this belly. I forget it's there sometimes, and then I'll open a door into it, or look in the mirror and suddenly remember that - oh yeah, I'm pregnant! And occasionally I'll look down and think that it looks really strange. For instance, one afternoon I came home from work and laid down on the bed and realized little boy must have been curled up in a ball... the left side of my belly was like 3 inches above the right side. Seriously, my belly button was tilted sideways. How crazy is that? I've also notice that when I sit up, my belly gets really pointy for some reason, and my belly button (which has NOT popped out yet btw), looks like it's making a fish face. Anyway, that's enough about my stomach, but, seriously... pregnancy is so weird! 

Anyway, here's a few stats for this week (although I will know a little more after tomorrow since I am going back to the doctor after work):

Weight Gain: Hmm... good question. Should be in the 13-14 pound range, but I'll know more after my appointment. 

Sleep: Haha, pregnancy dreams are no joke! I sleep pretty well, but usually am up at least once or twice because of dreams or a good kick to the bladder. 

Appetite: Pretty normal. I feel like I eat a lot, and I'm not sure if it's hunger or habit... I try to keep it decently healthy-ish though. 

Running: Good! I was bummed to not get to do my race last weekend due to rain, but I've still been running 2-4 days per week and doing the elliptical the others (or occasionally walking). 20 miles a week has held fairly steady so far! 

Mood: Usually pretty grouchy in the mornings and good the rest of the day. Shouldn't pregnancy entitle me to skip getting up early??

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing what this crazy baby does all the time. Picking a name!! 

What I miss:  Running FAST. I can run at a decent pace on the treadmill, but outside I'm too afraid I will fall over. :( Just a few more months though!

Oh, and to sign off, here's a couple of lovely pictures from the last couple of weeks (most recently, Sunday). I've gotta start doing a better job of looking cute for these! (instead of taking them right after I work out and shower). Until next time! :-)




  


No comments:

Post a Comment