Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2012

24 Weeks

Moving right along!

My appointment last week went really well. Everything's staying pretty on-track and I scheduled my lovely glucose test (which I am NOT looking forward to!).  My parents are here visiting this weekend and we finally announced baby's name...

are you ready??
.
.
.
.
.

are you sure???
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sweet baby's name is
.
.
.
.
.

Samuel James Yates! :-)

It's nothing crazy, but we like it. James and forms of it are long-standing on both sides of the family, and Samuel was one of the few "normal" names we actually agreed on! I haven't known a lot of Samuels, but I've liked the ones I have known, and I feel like it's a good name that can work for a cute little baby or an old man.

We do, of course, reserve the right to change his name if we feel that's necessary later on. Just for the record.

Anyway, here are the stats as I know them:

Weight Gain: Right at 13 pounds last week so I may be at 14 now. Basically tied with Eric. Eeek.

Sleep: Pretty good except for the night I had some awful stomach pains (not baby related). I've had several nights where I slept for almost 8 hours straight though, and most others I only get up once, so that's nice.

Appetite: Weird. I always feel hungry, but not always like I can eat... I guess my intestines are getting squished. Isn't that fun to think about??

Running: Not bad at all. Last Saturday I felt realllly good. So I ran 6 miles and averaged a 9:40 with my first 5K being a little under 29 minutes. That's still faster than my first 5K two years ago. Now, distance wise, I haven't logged as many miles this week with family coming in and all. Still, I'm on track for 1000 miles for 2012. I'm hoping that's a goal I can reach!!

Mood: Pretty good! I did have a freak out last weekend because, well, I stress myself out about stuff too much. But if you were getting ready to have a baby and planning your husband's residency interview trips and getting ready for people to come in town and trying to find clothes that fit your big belly and make dinners and desserts and plan fun get-togethers and tutor a bunch of kids and keep your house clean and decorate for fall and run three miles a day and all that good jazz, you might get a little moody every now and then too. (Not that I'm complaining about any of these things since it's my choice!) I can feel a little entitled, right? :-)

What I'm looking forward to: These fun little trips Eric and I will be taking. Getting Samuel's room together more!

What I miss: Not getting kicked in the bladder all the time.

Anyway, we're leaving for dinner. Til next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment