My appointment this week went well. They checked everything out and it looks like I'm pretty ready-to-go in the baby-having department (slightly dilated and, uh, "ripe". Ew). I'm just waiting on labor to start.
If I haven't had the baby by this Wednesday, I'm going back and they'll do ultrasounds and non-stress tests to see how he looks, and probably schedule an induction for the first few days of February. I know an induction wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I would REALLY like for him to come on his own if possible! Plus I'm a little afraid that if he keeps baking too much longer, he's going to be HUGE like his daddy was and I'm going to go through an induction only to have to have a c-section. Uber not-fun!
No matter what, though, as long as we're all safe and healthy, I'll be happy. We are sooo ready to meet this little guy!
As annoying as it's been to still be waiting for him to come, I have to say that I can totally see God's provision in it all. We have STILL had people at our house this week working on the floors and the walls. Monday through Wednesday our living room furniture was all stacked in the dining room and we had to hang out in the guest bedroom anytime we were at home... including dinner. That wouldn't have been super fun to bring a baby home to.
We also got a crazy ice storm yesterday. I got off work early, but saw several cars doing some major skidding on the way home and almost slipped a few times myself just walking to and from my car. I actually had to take my shoes off to walk inside because my socks had better traction. Not ideal baby-having, drive-to-the hospital conditions. So I have to be thankful... after all, God's timing is perfect!
Anyway, here's a few stats and pics for this week. Just a warning, I thought I'd also post a lovely bare-belly shot for memory's sake (definitely NOT posting that on facebook!) If you don't want to see... don't look.
Baby: is supposedly the size of a watermelon. And still crazy. I can tell he's getting tighter in there and feel kind of bad for him. I keep telling him all he has to do is come out and he'll have PLENTY of room to squirm around. Unfortunately, I've been feeling his hands and feet a LOT, so I'm pretty sure he's facing forward or sideways... he needs to turn around before he comes out so he doesn't cause us any trouble!!
Weight gain: I tried not to freak a little at the dr. the other day, but they said it's around 34-35 (although they were using that old scale again). At this point I figure I just have to be okay with that though. I'm happy with how I've looked through pregnancy and, while I could have eaten some more fruits and veggies, I don't feel like I've been super unhealthy. Maybe tall girls just gain more??
Sleep: I love sleep so stinkin much! That's one of the few things I like about still being pregnant... I know I won't be sleeping much the next few months, so every night I'm not having a baby is a night I'm getting to sleep. In fact, I may go back to sleep when I'm done here...
Appetite: I eat a lot. But only when I'm hungry. That's just a lot. LoL.
Running: Has sadly slowed down this week, mainly because I've been busy, the weather's been bad, and every time I've gone to the gym, all the treadmills have been taken. Boo. So I've elliptical-ed it up a few times and I went to dance class for about 20 minutes Thursday. I think everyone thought I was crazy for being there (admittedly, jumping was pretty much out of the question, especially after doing the elliptical for 20 minutes first). Oh well. I'm exercising. That's more than 75% of America, right??
Mood: Good! Especially now that I know this baby WILL be out in like a week and a half max. Then I just have to worry about post-partum sadness... hopefully we can keep that at bay!
What I'm looking forward to: Finally meeting Samuel of course! Not working. Eric matching (a whole OTHER issue we've been dealing with!). Not having to wear maternity clothes!
What I'll miss: Sleep. Hands down. But I'm sure it will be worth it!!
39 Week Shots!

No comments:
Post a Comment