No preggo pictures so far this week. That's because... OH YEAH... we haven't actually been living in our house all week.
You see, a few months ago, we noticed that our walls seemed to be accumulating some moisture behind the sheet rock. We let our landlady know, and she sent someone out to make sure it wasn't mold or mildew. It wasn't. A few weeks later, some other guys came out and knocked a hole in our wall to "assess the damage." They covered it up with a trash bag and there it stayed for two months (thankfully covered by our Christmas tree for the last few weeks!).
Finally, after the new year (when I'm 37 weeks pregnant!), they decided it was time to actually do something about the problem. So they came in and tore up our wall a little more, and, of course, found out it was worse than they thought. So the walls in our room, the living room, and guest room got taken up, as well as the living room floor. The insurance paid for us to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights (with meals), so that was nice, but when you can literally have a baby at any time, not having a functioning house is a LITTLE scary. Plus staying in a hotel when you still have to go to work every morning isn't quite as fun as when you're on vacation.
Needless to say, I'm SUPER glad to be back in our own territory, even though it is still a mess and the floor is two different colors and the wall is only partially sheet rocked. I'll take it!
So that was our fun adventure for this week. What else has been going on?
Oh yeah, I had a small freak-out Sunday afternoon (prior to all this house stuff). I don't know if I picked up a bug or what, but I felt nauseated allll day, and convinced myself that it had to be a sign I was going into labor super-soon. Of course I still had a list a mile long of things to do, so I made Eric take me to Target to buy everything I still didn't have for my hospital bag, finished packing everything up, washed a load of baby clothes, and made a list of everything else we'll need to buy if I don't get a chance to make a big shopping trip before the baby's born. Obviously I didn't go into labor Sunday, but having all that done did make me feel better about the other crazy events of this week.
I also had another appointment and another ultrasound this week. We still didn't get a GREAT look at Samuel's face, but we did get to see his profile. He was making a bunch of sucking faces and his lungs were expanding back and forth really well. It was super cute! I can't wait to see him in person!
The main thing they were checking on the ultrasound was my fluid level, which was exactly the same as last week. It's good that it didn't go down but it wasn't great either. Apparently I'm pretty borderline, and they actually had to check to make sure I wasn't leaking anywhere (ew). I wasn't, thank goodness, but they're going to have to keep doing ultrasounds and checking me every week, because if it goes down at all, they're going to talk about inducing me. NOT what I want. We'll see how all of that goes, though!
Don't you want to come on your own next week, little boy???
I went and got my prenatal massage that Eric got me for Christmas yesterday. That was really nice! I needed something relaxing to do.
I also bought a ton of stuff to make freezer meals tomorrow, so hopefully we won't be short on things to eat for a LONG time!
The baby's chair and dresser also came in this week, so his room is officially furnished. About time, right?? Now I just have to finish up a few more loads of baby laundry and figure out where to put a few items, and we should be good to go! It's a good thing he didn't decide to come super-early. I feel like the biggest procrastinator in the world!
Anyway, I've rambled on enough. Here's a few stats:
Baby: is up to 6 lbs. 5 oz. That seems like a good weight to me! He likes to dig his feet into my left side ALL the time, and kick me in the ribs a little when I lay down. He also like to stick his backside out a lot, contorting my belly into some pretty crazy shapes!
Weight gain: As expected, I didn't gain this week. Still right at 30.
Sleep: I'm having to get up a lot more since he's hanging out on my bladder (as our ultrasound tech so graciously pointed out!), and my stomach hurts a LOT when I turn over, but I'm still sleeping soundly for a good 7-8 hours a night. I've had a lot more energy this week. I'm not sure whether that's because I'm back in a semi-routine, or because everything's been so out of whack. We'll see what next week brings!
Appetite: Eh. My stomach hurts a lot and I get a lot of heartburn. But I'm hungry all the time. It will be nice to eat again!
Running: I was SO glad to get to run a little over 5K last Saturday, because I haven't gotten to do much since! Our hotel location wasn't super-conducive to going to the Y, so I just used their elliptical a couple of times this week. I hate not doing more!
Mood: More chill than you would think. I finally reached a point where I decided all I can do is laugh at the craziness of our situation. I know everything will be fine even if I don't get my long list of stuff done. So I've just been trying to enjoy now!
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing these sweet little feet that keep kicking me!!
What I'll miss: Having a good excuse to gain weight. :-)
Until next time!

You have to post at least one more picture before you leave for the hospital!!!!
ReplyDelete