Plus a few days!
Not much going on outside the norm. I'm feeling fairly prepared stuff-wise anyway. The baby's room is ready. His clothes are washed. My freezer meals are done.The house is a little messy, but considering they're still finishing up the walls, etc., I think it's okay.
I've been feeling good, really even better than I have the last few weeks since I get to live in my own house and all. I've had a lot of energy, been exercising and basically running around like normal. Outside of being a little moody [and you would be too if literally 50 people a day asked stuff like "what day is your baby coming?" like you knew, or tried to tell you that your baby has/hasn't dropped, moved, is breech, or that you are "obviously nesting/not nesting yet, have/haven't gotten mommy brain yet, shouldn't be drinking that coffee/tea, shouldn't wear heels, shouldn't run" etc. etc.] and occasionally having to go sit down and calm down so I don't slug someone, all has been well.
And even the moodiness isn't all the time, just when I'm tired or hungry and people say dumb things - which is a lot. (My other favorite was when I was moving a box with my foot the other day - because hey, part of my job involves opening boxes! - and someone yelled at me, so I quit and just sat down, and then they proceeded to tell everyone they saw over the next hour about how I "almost fell" and "it's lucky they stopped me" or "that baby would have been in big trouble." Clearly I am going to be a horrible mother. <major eye roll>).
My appointment went way better than I expected this week. My fluid was exactly the same again, which was awesome. Fluid levels normally go down about that time, so now I'm back in the "normal" range and don't have to have fluid checks any more. The doctor measured me and said I was still measuring crazy small - like 32 weeks instead of 38 - but since the baby is nearly 7 pounds and my fluid's normal and hasn't changed for 3 weeks, she just chalked it up to "you're just small and hide your babies well." Sweet!
So now we just get to play the waiting game. I've been trying to come up with fun stuff for Eric and me to do that we won't be able to do once the baby comes. Outside of eating out and going to the movies (and of course there's hardly anything out that we want to see), I'm having a hard time thinking of much. We have a free night of hotel, but I think we're both pretty burnt out on hotels and really just want to sleep in our bed. So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
Anyway, here's a few stats and pics, including a few of the basically-done nursery (yay!). (Btw, you can definitely tell this kid's gained a pound or so in the last two weeks - I haven't gained much weight but I feel like I got huge! And that's with me "measuring small!")
Baby is: around 7 pounds, probably as long as he's going to get, and still a little wild man! He's been affectionately nicknamed Little Foot since he spends about 80% of his time with his foot in my left side. I much prefer that to my ribs though!
Weight gain: They used a different (old, not digital) scale this week, so it's hard to say, but about 31-32. I think I'm going to end up gaining a little more than I originally wanted to, but considering it's still "normal" and I'm pretty sure at least part of it is muscle, I guess I'm just going to have to be okay with it!
Sleep: I wake up at 1 and 4 almost religiously, and sleep like a rock the rest of the time.
Appetite: Pretty gnarly! My stomach hasn't been hurting as much so I've been eating more. One night this week I had a bedtime snack, woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep because my stomach was GROWLING, so I had another snack, then woke up at 6 for breakfast (then proceeded with second breakfast, lunch, etc. as usual). Seriously, this kid is GROWING.
Running: Still going! I did 2 1/2 miles without stopping the other day. I've only been running-running about two days a week and walking or doing the elliptical or going to dance class (yay!) the others. For some reason walking is the hardest for me (well, and jumping in dance class, but I just hop!).
Mood: Up and down, but, all things considered, pretty good. I get annoyed easily and every now and then I feel a little depressed that I'm, you know, still pregnant. But the other 75% of the time I'm feeling as upbeat as always!!
What I'm looking forward to: Holding my sweet boy!!
What I'll miss: Having Eric clean the litter box, take care of the laundry, etc. etc. :-) He spoils me!






Honestly, the thing I miss the most now that we have kids is being able to just leave the house in the evenings without pre-arranging anything. Like, even just to go to the grocery store with Steve to pick out ice cream, instead of having to tag-team. I think being mostly homebodies works out good though; you guys will adjust just fine. And I owe you babysitting from YEARS of you doing it for me. Just saying. :)
ReplyDelete