Well, first of all, I guess I never really updated on our appointment Thursday. I could barely see a thing on that ultrasound since the lights were dimmed and, let's face it, the baby's like the size of a straight pin, but I did see a little number pop up on the screen -- 113 bpm. That's right, baby had a heartbeat! And it took me about 3 minutes to actually find it, but you could see the cute little heart blinking on the screen. SO adorable!
It also said something I'd kind of suspected, but it made it official - baby's actually a week younger than what the doctors were saying it was based on my LMP.
I had another appointment on Monday (what was originally going to be my first appointment -- actually my 4th time there though! haha). It went well and I was pleased with all the information I got (and the fact that drawing 4 tubes of blood was actually pretty painless). However, I was saddened by the fact that they officially pushed my due date back a week after reviewing the ultrasound. So now, instead of being 8 weeks, I'm only beginning week 7. Again.
I think this is going to be the longest first trimester anybody has ever had!
Symptom-wise, I've continued to do okay. I'm really tired, and working out is much more of a struggle (I'm still trying to keep up my mileage though). My acne makes me look 15 again and heartburn is pretty brutal, especially in the mornings. And, of course, I pee about 12 times a day. However, I am 100% counting my blessings, because I have enough symptoms to assure me that I'm pregnant, but nothing severe enough to make me wish that I weren't. That seems like a pretty good place to be.
And even though I haven't gained a pound in the last two weeks (don't ask me HOW, all I do these days is eat!), I've got a lovely little pooch going. How much of that is actually baby is questionable though.....
Anyway, I go back for another checkup in 4 weeks, and then I get another ultrasound in 6 at 13 weeks. I'm just hoping and praying everything continues to go smoothly... it will be so awesome to see how different the baby will look at week 13 from week 6! I can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment