I went and got more blood work yesterday and then called today to get results. Everything looked pretty good there (my levels went from 6200 to 9900 in 2 days, which apparently is pretty normal for this stage). That made me feel a lot better. If my hormone levels are going up that much, that means the baby IS growing!
I talked with the lady who is going to do my full checkup next Monday, and she said since I've been having the same problem for my whole pregnancy, she wanted to go ahead and do an ultrasound this coming Thursday. That freaked me out a little, but excited me a whole lot more. Assuming everything is okay in there, we will get to see our baby in less than a week! (Otherwise I might have to wait until 18 weeks... BIG difference!)
I'm nervous and really praying that everything will look normal, but I'm so glad that we'll get to see our little appleseed... I think it will really make things real!
On a separate note, I thought I should probably denote some of my lovely pregnancy "symptoms."
I've been pretty lucky so far... no major sickness/pain/etc. The main thing I've had is heartburn. Did you know that was a thing? I sure didn't. Oh, and acne too. I didn't know that was a thing either!
I've had a few boughts of nausea, and a weird craving for egg sandwiches. I've also had a bit of back pain and I've been pretty sleepy. Oh, and the most fun of all: pregnancy brain. I never really believed this was real, but it most certainly is. In fact, I was going to write something else just now, but I forgot it. LoL.
One other fun fact: I'm pretty sure I'm done with my jeans. I wore them today and that was about the most uncomfortable choice I've ever made. I'm definitely getting a little belly (though not one anyone else will notice for a few weeks I hope!) Anyway, I think my jeans are going in the closet for the next year and a half or so!!
One little run of anecdotes before I end:
Sunday my friend Lindsay and her husband announced her pregnancy in Sunday School class. Since pregnancies in our class seem to come in pairs, another girl turned around and started grilling me about if I was pregnant. I shrugged and turned bright red. Eric's eyes got huge and he laughed uncomfortably.. it definitely took a good minute and a half for her to let it go. We totally almost cracked!!
A lady who works in the office also straight up asked me yesterday, "Mrs. Yates, do you know of anyone here who might be pregnant??" Uhhhh... Luckily there is someone else at school who might be and I did know about it, so I said yes and didn't have to fess up to my own little pudge. Whew!
We'll see how long it is before someone really figures it out...

No comments:
Post a Comment