Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2012

34 Weeks

Less than 40 days to go!

This week has been interesting for sure.

Monday I got a nice little unexpected trip to the doctor thanks to some abnormal fluid leakage (no worries, it  wasn't pre-term labor, just an infection. Ick). It was pretty scary for the three hours I had to wait to get into see someone, but it was nice to hear sweet Samuel's little heartbeat AND to see that I am not in fact as huge as I thought I was -- my weight was down 2 1/2 pounds from last week's visit, which makes me think that "6 pound gain" was just a fluke. Whew!

The other (kind of?) nice thing was that, since I had to be, you know, checked (if you don't know, I'm not going to be the one to explain it to you. LoL.) I found out I'm actually dilated about 1/2 of a centimeter (though I'm not effaced at all, so there's definitely no reason to think he'll be coming anytime soon!).

I know, I know, that's REALLY nothing. I've been saying the whole time I didn't want to be checked until I had to be because you can be dilated for FOREVER or not dilated at all and have the baby the next day (and because I was really kind of scared of it because I'd heard that it hurts, but it totally wasn't bad at all). But, while I'll probably still deny optional checking in the future, it is nice to know that my body is prepping to get this little guy out sometime soon. It does know what to do. So that's a little comforting.

We also went and took our hospital tour on Monday night. One of the reasons I really wanted to go ahead and have a baby now instead of in a year or two (besides Eric's awesome schedule and the fact that I have insurance paid for) is because I've heard such great things about the hospital here. Everyone has always told me how nice the birthing rooms are, and that was no joke! All the ladies on the tour who'd had babies elsewhere kept commenting about how nice the place was. It's really weird to think that I'll be going into the hospital in the few weeks (especially since I've never had to go for anything!), but I'm glad it will be for such a happy occasion, and I feel a lot more comfortable having seen everything first hand.

I also finally finished up work for a bit this week. I'm so excited to get 8 days off plus two weekends! My family's coming in tomorrow and Eric's family is coming in next Saturday, so we'll have lots of visitors to keep us occupied during our time off. It's going to be sooo nice!

Anyway, here's a few stats for this week. I guess I need to take a pictures soon since 35 is creeping up on me!!

Baby: is the size of a butternut squash, likely 5 pounds by now, and a little wild man!

Weight gain: Back down to 23-24 pounds. yay!

Sleep: I'm up at least once a night, often twice, but when I'm out, I'm out. I just wish I didn't feel so disoriented when I get up at 2 in the morning. Seriously, I feel like a crazy person. It's the worst!

Appetite: I'm always hungry. I feel like I eat SO much. I try to regulate, but I feel like I eat ALL the TIME!

Running: I ran this morning for a bit! Honestly, just the fact that I can still go for a few miles at 34 weeks is pretty fulfilling to me. I know I may not be able to keep running until the end, but making it this far feels like a huge accomplishment, and I'm going to keep it up as long as I possibly can!

Mood: Usually good, though I was SUPER grouchy today when I had to go pants shopping. I'll save my pants rant for another post though. :-)

(I think it's probably time to shift gears on these)
What I'm looking forward to: NORMAL PANTS!

What I'll miss: My sweet little friend bouncing around inside me!




No comments:

Post a Comment