Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

14 weeks

Not too much new to report this week. Hooray for second trimester though! I don't necessarily feel like "myself," but I've DEFINITELY felt improvements over the last week.

I'm also simultaneously feeling excited and depressed:

Excited (and nervous) because it's finally starting to sink in that hey! we're going to have a baby! I think I was scared to let myself really think about that the first trimester. But this week I've been reading lots of books about baby care and researching baby products like a crazy woman. I even went into the baby's room and started rearranging stuff so I can figure out where I want to put everything. It's so crazy to imagine there's actually going to be a little person to put in there in a few months!

Unfortunately I'm also feeling a little depressed because I have definitely reached what I call the FAT stage. I'm starting to show, but little baby is a low rider and basically just makes me look like I've had a little too much ice cream this summer. I only have one pair of shorts that I can comfortably button (and a pair of work pants that has three buttons so I just leave the top one undone -- haha). I've shopped quite a bit the last week for clothes I can wear for the next several months, but it's just sad to not like how I look in anything right now. As weird as it is to see my stomach getting bigger, I think I'm ready to actually look cute and pregnant, not just pudgy!

Anyway, a few stats before I go:

Weight gain: I think I'm still at about 5 pounds. My scale is kind of crummy, so it's hard to tell. It's definitely up from when I got the scale a few weeks ago!

Aversions/Cravings: This is SO MUCH BETTER! I still am feeling a little nauseous, primarily with meat (like slabs of it -- nuggets, chopped and ground meat are fine), but not nearly like I was even a week ago. I have been craving a lot of mac and cheese this week. Hmmm....

Sleep: Better now that Eric's home. I even had two nights this week where I only got up once in the middle of the night (much better than my normal four times)! I've still been getting like 9-10 hours a night... I'm usually asleep before 10 and get up between 6:30 and 7.

Running: Running is getting a little better too. I'm not bubbling over with energy or anything, but I've been able to do 5-6 miles a couple of times without feeling like someone beat me up and the end. Nice.

Mood: Pretty good 90% of the time, but I've definitely had a shorter fuse and found myself more easily frustrated. I'm usually extremely extremely patient and happy and I generally like or at least easily tolerate just about everyone I encounter (even crazy people that come in at work!). But lately I find myself wanting to give a few people a good roundhouse kick. We'll blame this one on hormones I guess?

What I'm looking forward to: Decorating the nursery! And a possible babymoon in a few weeks. :-)

What I miss: Feeling cute. Hopefully that will come back in a few weeks though (just pregnancy cute instead!)

1 comment:

  1. Christie I just saw this posted on FB last night so I read it during the kids' naps today. So fun! You will LOVE having this later on, it is such a cool thing to look back at all the things you thought/felt/did while you were waiting for your baby!

    I think your fitness goals are awesome, and you are totally right--every OB/baby book I've been in touch with says it is totally fine to keep fit during pregnancy. And supposedly it helps you lose your baby weight faster after the baby's birth! I did want to give you a heads up, though, that most docs will tell you not to exercise at all until 6 weeks post-partum (my delivery with Charlie was particularly rough so I wasn't even allowed to cook or clean--not so bad haha--or even DRIVE until then). But you might be fine, just run it by your doctor when you get close and they will thumbs up/thumbs down. Everyone is different, and I just don't want you to feel bad or frustrated if your body needs a little more time to recoup.

    So excited for you guys & your little one!! :)

    ReplyDelete